EMployment Friendly Charter
Background and Objective
With the support from Kadoorie Foundation, the Hong Kong Council of Social Service, launched the EMployment Charter (the Charter) to mobilise the Government, business sector, public bodies, subvented and non-governmental organisations to further promote the employment of ethnic minorities through participation in the Campaign.
The Charter seeks to engage employers of all trades and sectors in providing more internship and employment opportunities for ethnic minorities, thereby unleashing their potential, fostering social integration and building an inclusive society for all.
Scope and Recognition
Organisations signing the Charter may attain a title, namely “EMployment Friendly Orgainsation”, by completing a designated number of action items from a set of 11 action items under part I and II.
- Completed at least 3 actions under Part I
- Completed at least 2 actions under Part II
The following Incentives will be offered to Organisations signing the Charter:
- Organiser will offer support and information on hiring ethnic minorities related resources available in the community;
- Organiser will arrange for the names of organisations and the recognition titles attained to be listed in the Charter website;
- Organisations have the right to display their recognition titles on letterheads, website and organisation publications for 2 years.